The submission portal is temporarily closed to new applications. The ARLG grant is currently in its renewal resubmission period. We anticipate re-opening the submission portal in Fall 2019 pending a renewal award. Thank you for your interest in ARLG!
A key component of the ARLG Mentoring Core is the availability of fellow and Early Stage Investigator (ESI) Seed Grants. Each year, up to $50,000 in direct costs will be provided to up to 5 ESIs for research in areas related to antibacterial resistance (AR). The purpose of the ESI Seed Grant is to allow researchers to generate preliminary data leading to additional external funding. Those who are early in their research career (5 years or less) are eligible. ESI Seed Grants can be used to support initial research in any area related to AR. Importantly, these funds can be used to give ESIs access to strains contained in the ARLG Virtual Biorepository Strain Catalogue.
For additional ESI Seed Grant information, please refer to: ARLG ESI GRANT AT A GLANCE v1
If you would like to apply for an ESI Seed Grant, please complete the ARLG Interest Survey. Once your preliminary information is received, you will be contacted and directed within 2 business days to a comprehensive application.
The comprehensive proposal application will ask for the following information (if applicable). This will be completed on the website:
- NIH Biosketch of proposing investigator
- NIH Biosketch of mentor
- Letter of support
- Study rationale
- Primary objective(s) and endpoint(s) – including primary and secondary (if any) outcome(s)
- Study centers (proposed)
- Study population
- Study design include descriptive research methodology for conducting the study; your research proposal may be sent as an attachment in Appendix A (should to be no more than 3 pages)
- Sample size estimate
- Timeline and length of participant follow-up
- New and/or unique assay
- External support/collaboration/funding
- Publication references
- Estimated costs in $ (direct)
Proposals will be reviewed by the ARLG Executive committee in the order that they are received.