The ARLG Laboratory Center director is Robin Patel, MD, Mayo Clinic, with Ephraim Tsalik, MD, PhD, Duke University Medical Center serving as the associate director.
The ARLG Laboratory Consortium Team includes Robert Bonomo, MD, Case Western Reserve University; Barry Kreiswirth, PhD, Rutgers University; Cesar Arias, MD, PhD., University of Texas Health Science Center; Thomas Lodise, PharmD, PhD, Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences; Kimberly Hanson, MD, University of Utah; and Melinda Pettigrew, PhD, Yale University.
The mission of the ARLG Laboratory Center is to facilitate and support the ARLG scientific agenda by:
- Leading the assessment, development, and implementation of laboratory-based ARLG studies, and addressing the laboratory needs of non-laboratory-based ARLG studies, by providing expertise, coordinating laboratory services, and supervision of ARLG-affiliated laboratories.
- Conducting laboratory-based studies using the Master Protocol for Evaluating Multiple Infection Diagnostics (MASTERMIND) initiative for researching multiple diagnostic devices from a single patient sample.
- Executing outcomes-based clinical studies based on diagnostics.
- Performing phenotypic and genotypic characterization of ARLG study isolates.
- Managing the ARLG Virtual Biorepository, a web-based catalog of well-characterized ARLG bacterial isolates available to the research community.
- Supporting the ARLG Physical Biorepository, a collection of isolates from active ARLG projects.
- Developing ARLGENOMER, a web tool that uses genomic data to predict phenotypic antimicrobial susceptibility.
- Providing consultative services to scientists in academia and industry.
- Assisting the ARLG Mentoring Committee in mentoring new investigators.